Date of birth: 20.02.1972
Place of birth: Belz. Moldova, the USSR
Marital status: single
Home address: Harashba St. 12/21 Rishon Lezion. Israel.
Tel: 03-961-42-96, 0522-283-578
English, Hebrew, Russian - full proficiency.
Yiddish, French, German – reading proficiency.
2005-2012. PhD. Department of Science, Technology and Society.
Faculty of Interdisciplinary Studies. Bar-Ilan University.
Thesis subject -- "A History of Life-Extensionism in the Twentieth Century"
1998 - 2002. MA in English Literature (with a thesis).
Bar-Ilan University. English Department.
Thesis Subject -- "Heroism and Heroic Death in Nineteenth Century Literature"
1994-1998. BA in English Literature (with honors).
Bar-Ilan University. English Department.
1993-1994. Courses in Biology and Computing.
The Open University, Israel.
1991-1993. Studies of Biology.
The Technion. Israel Institute of Technology. Biology Department.
1989-1990. Studies of Bio-Medical Engineering.
The Institute for Instruments Development and Manufacturing.
Moscow. The Department of Bio-Medical Devices.
1979-1989. Matriculation with honors.
No.22 high-school. Balashicha, Moscow District.
2002- 2012. Technical writer (editing/translation).
The Biophysical Interdisciplinary Jerome Schottenstein Center for
the Research and Technology of the Cellome. Bar-Ilan University.
2002. Translating of patents in biotechnology (Russian-English).
Information Concepts Inc. Tel-Aviv.
1999-2000. Translating of new immigrants’ Research and Development projects
The Western Negev Initiative Center (Technological Incubator).
Special project (2002): Translation of “A Window to the Future” brochure
(English-Russian). Weizmann Institute of Science, Publications Department.
1999-2002. Instructor in the Reading & Writing Laboratory,
The Department of English as a Foreign Language.
2005-present: EO. Israeli Chapter of Humanity Plus (formerly World Transhumanist Association) http://humanityplus.org/
2010-present: Affiliate Scholar at the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies.
2012-present: Member of the Biotech/Medical Board and Life Extension Board at the Lifeboat Foundation http://lifeboat.com/ex/boards
1. The influence of different cultivating conditions on polymorphonuclear leukocyte apoptotic process in vitro, II: Ultrastructural characteristics of PMN populations incubated with proteinase 3 anti-neutrophil autoantibodies. Guejes L, Zurgil N, Stambler I, Gilburd B, Shoenfeld Y, Deutsch M. Ultrastructural Pathology 29(1), 37-51, 2005.
2. Breast cancer detection by Michaelis-Menten constants via linear programming. Blokh D, Afrimzon E, Stambler I, Korech E, Shafran Y, Zurgil N, Deutsch M. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine 85, 210-213, 2006.
3. The information-theory analysis of Michaelis–Menten constants for detection of breast cancer. Blokh D, Stambler I, Afrimzon E, Shafran Y, Korech E, Sandbank J, Orda R, Zurgil N, Deutsch M. Cancer Detection and Prevention 31, 489–498, 2007.
4. An information-theoretical model for breast cancer detection. Blokh D, Zurgil N, Stambler I, Afrimzon E, Shafran Y, Korech E, Sandbank J, Deutsch M. Methods of Information in Medicine, 47 (2), 322-327, 2008.
5. Comparative analysis of cell parameter groups for breast cancer detection. Blokh D, Stambler I, Afrimzon E, Platkov M, Shafran Y, Korech E, Sandbank J, Zurgil N, Deutsch M. Computer Methods and Programs in Biomedicine. 94(3), 239-249, 2009.
6. Heroic Power in Thomas Carlyle and Leo Tolstoy. Ilia Stambler. The European Legacy 11(7), 737-751, 2006. (Reprinted in Political Leadership, SAGE Library of Political Science, 2011, edited by David S. Bell.)
7. Ingenium. Five Machines that Changed the World by Mark Denny. Review. Ilia Stambler. The European Legacy 13(2), 260-261, 2008.
8. Beyond the Hoax by Alan Sokal. Review. Ilia Stambler. The European Legacy 13 (6), 793-794, 2008.
9. Life extension – a conservative enterprise? Some fin-de-siècle and early twentieth-century precursors of transhumanism. Ilia Stambler. Journal of Evolution and Technology, 21(1), 13-26, 2010.
1. Elie Metchnikoff and the Rise of the Life-extensionist Movement. Ilia Stambler.
The 8th Yearly Conference of the
2. Society for life extension? Some ideological justifications for the pursuit of longevity. Ilia Stambler.
The Future of Humanity: Post-Humanism and Trans-Humanism. The Van Leer Institute in
3. A history of life-extensionism in the 20th century. Between reductionism and holism: from subtraction and addition toward balance. Ilia Stambler.
The 12th Yearly Conference of the